Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 12 of 365, Unlocking Imagination


I captioned this picture, "Unlocking Imagination". This was taken for the daily photo challenge, Subject: Keys.



Song in a Minor Key by Dorothy Parker

There's a place I know where the birds swing low,
And wayward vines go roaming,
Where the lilacs nod, and a marble god Is pale,
in scented gloaming. And at sunset there comes a lady fair
Whose eyes are deep with yearning.


By an old, old gate does the lady wait
Her own true love's returning. But the days go by,
and the lilacs die, And trembling birds seek cover;
Yet the lady stands, with her long white hands
Held out to greet her lover.



And it's there she'll stay till the shadowy day
A monument they grave her.
She will always wait by the same old gate, --
The gate her true love gave her.

"I like poetry because everyone has a different interpretation. Sometimes, you must read it several times before you understand its meaning. Furthermore, interpretation of a poem is as diverse as the reader. It may speak to you in a different way then it did for me. For me, this poem talks about a statue (woman) who is waiting, waiting, waiting for her man to come back to her.

What sat down in my soul is that waiting is sometimes an emotional 'holding on'. As in the marriage covenant, the vow means that you promise to stand! Through good times & bad, sickness & health, richer, for poorer...you stand!

No matter what you are going through, pray & hold on dear one...in faith,

You Stand!"
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle