Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 32 of 365, Seasoned with Salt


Day 32 of 365, Self Portrait, Feb. 9, 2010
I was feeling nostalgic. You can't see it, but my black hoodie sweatshirt says FASTPITCH in hot pink script. My daughter played softball competively at a high level until she was 18. That was a year and a half ago. It is amazing how much you miss something when it is over. We loved watching her play. She had a heart and love for softball the size of Texas. She had offers of college opportunities with softball but she chose to decline. The softball season of her youth is over. I went to a small practice field and was the only one there. I sat on the top bleacher and my memory took me back to those hot summer days at the ball park.

Hot potato soup is comforting on a cold winter night.


Seasoned with Salt...

New International Version (©1984)"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."

I know that I need to heed this verse regularly. It is so easy to whip out that lethal weapon and pierce a hole right through someone's heart with damaging words. Words spewed in anger, jealousy or gossip can rip a person to the core. Sometimes irreperable damage to a trusted, valuable friendship is the lasting result. We all need to watch how we wield that double edged sword.

On the other hand, words spoken with kindess and compassion can lift someone's day. A word in due season might build someone up. Your sweet expression might be the encouragement someone you love needs. Or, even a kind 'how do you do?' to a stranger might perhaps make them feel less alone. It is possible that you never know the impact of what your kind word made that day. Nevertheless, impact was made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle