Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 29 of 365, Skype Alter Ego

Day 29 of 365, Self Portrait, Twice :) Help! I am beginning to talk to myself! I need to get out more.

Below, is a picture of The Islamorada (eye-lah-muh-rah-duh) Fish Company. It was a weekday, between the lunch and dinner hour when Terry and I went. That is why it looks like there are no patrons at this time. Actually, this is not the main dining room. This pic was taken with Terry's new Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1. He said he wanted a camera for his pocket. I like this compact p&s camera. As you can see the restaurant is very dimly lit but it picked up the details nicely I think. You have to look so close because it is so small but the details show up when viewed larger. We had plans to go to two Mardi Gras parades. We wanted to either go to the St. Amant boat parade or the Krewe of Mystique during the day. Then, later we wanted to go to the Orion night parade at the levee. Did we get to go to both? NO, we did neither.

Terry went to check the oil in my car and he said he wasn't seeing oil registering on the dip stick. Yikes! I knew I was overdue for a change but I didn't think I was running with no oil. He started fussing and complaining like usual. This time I can't blame him. I threw my shoes on and grabbed my purse and we headed out to get that oil change. My car has never registered hot or gave me any indication of trouble. I am hoping that he was over reacting. Anyway, that killed the first parade idea for sure. After we came back home, we both ended up taking a long nap. I was on the couch and Terry in the big boy chair. Mia took her usual place pinned between me and the back of the couch. That dog loves to be snuggled up tight and 'hemmed in' as we call it. By the time I woke up, I realized how cold and windy it had gotten outside compared to how toasty and warm I was at home. Needless to say, we nixed the Orion night parade idea as well. I hate that we missed. I had not one, but, FOUR cameras loaded up and ready to go!
We have the big game tomorrow!!! Black and Gold Super Bowl. Who Dat!!! Geaux Saints!



Sunset at north park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle