Monday, May 17, 2010

Life is Fragile, Handle with Care

Recently, I heard about a girl (now forever 18) who was killed in a car wreck.  Her name was Jessica and she played on Karmyn's softball team.  They played together when she and Karmyn were in the u-14 class.  That would be the age group of 13-14 year olds.  When Jessica passed away, she was attending college on a softball scholarship I think.  I have to admit that Karmyn played with so many wonderful girls but after we all moved on, I lost touch.  So, I do not know what is going in their lives anymore.  I wanted to share with you something that, perhaps, only 3 people in the world ever knew about until now. 

I remember during Softball Nationals in Owensboro, KY, the girls wanted to hold a bible study.  The leader of this idea was a wonderful, well rounded girl named Brittany G.  She had asked permission from the Drury Inn help desk if they could occupy the conference room.  The hotel did, indeed, have a conference room available and Brittany led the bible study for the night.  I sat in the room as strictly an observer without a peep.  My heart could not have been prouder of these girls.  On their own, they took such a mature and outstanding initiative. 

After the study, they went along their way.  I remember that somehow Jessica had wanted to talk to me about 'spiritual' things.   She thought it was curious that numerous times people were talking to her about the subject recently.  Also, there were some doubts and questions that she had swirling in her mind.  I really do not know how she and I came together to talk about it.  But, somehow,  as it happened, I found myself, Jessica and Karmyn sitting in the empty stairwell of the hotel discussing faith and religion.  To date, I am not sure how the rest of Jessica's spiritual life unfolded.  What I am sure of though is this, Jessica's heart and soul were open to communicating with God that night as we prayed.  Just the three of us were physically praying together on the bottom metal step of the hotel stairwell.   But, I do have faith to believe that we were not only 3 in attendance.  I know that God was with us there as our tears and prayers were lifted up.  I hope that Jessica is with Him today in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle