Thursday, February 3, 2011

brrrrr...Louisiana Snow Day, without the snow.


Well, yesterday Terry and I went out and about town to run a few errands.  I threw two cameras in the vehicle along with my tripod.  But, my goodness it was so cold, I never wanted to get out to make pictures.  I mean it was biting wind that slices right through you kind of freezing cold!  Last night, the local weather was calling for freezing rain, sleet, possible snow.  So, today the kids got our version of a Louisiana Snow Day.  It was cold today but I never saw any kind of freezing rain. Terry did say that he had ice on his truck when he left from work this evening.  I am not sure what we will see tomorrow.  I think the schools are closed again just in case.  This situation reminds me of a skit that I had seen on Onion News Network which airs on the IFC channel.  The whole show is a spoof on CNN.  Anyway, as I type this, I had to laugh at the idiotic skit about New Orleans temperature dropping to 44 degrees and the city shuts down, National Guard shows up, the reporter was speaking very loudly as if to incite people to realize the urgency of the possible snow flurries.  Oh my goodness, it was a totally ridiculous spoof.  I know it was a blown out porportion image of how we, in the deep south, are not equipped to handle 'inclement' winter condition.  On the other hand, I can see how wimpy we must seem to a Minnesotan! 
Mia keeps warm in her snuggly turtleneck. 

1 comment:

  1. Liked the "no school" outcome, but the weather pretty much sucks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle