Sunday, May 30, 2010

Old Fashioned is the Subject

Todays's Photo Challenge Subject:  Something Old Fashioned.  I took the picture of the dining room in one of the buildings located at the Historic Plantation Farm located in Baton Rouge, LA.  It is now on display as part of the LSU Rural Life Museum.  Anyway, notice the ceiling fan.  You see the string that is attatched?  That is used to manually swing the ceiling fan over the table of food to keep the flies away.  ewww...I think every generation deals with their own difficulties.  Life was simple but hard back then.  In our generation, life is simple but hard. We just have different challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle