Sunday, June 27, 2010

Images from Last Night's Dance Recital

My daughters, both, attended Jean Leigh Academy of Dance when they were younger.  I also took an adult tap class.  I can not tell you what kind of love and passion I have had for dance ALL of my life.  I remember when I was a tiny girl, I would get up on my tippy toes and prance around with my arms over my head.  In my imagination, I was a graceful ballerina.  I do not think there were any formal dance studios close to my home when I was little.  Also, very vivid in my memory, I picture myself as a junior high girl with an infatuation for ballet.  I used to study the images of ballet poses in books and try to emulate the posture and strength of the ballerina I admired so.  But, still no formal training available.   (..I was a good bowler though ... well, that is another story for another day....)  I have loved music and dancing as long as I can remember.  My mom says that I would always make the family late to leave home.  She said she knew I was not getting ready quickly enough because all she could hear outside my bedroom door was finger snaps!   :)  I was in there dancing and not getting dressed as I was supposed to. 

So, when I had two daughters, you know I was going to offer them the opportunity to join a dance class.  Fortunately, former LSU Golden Girl and Dance Teacher Extraordinair, Diana Jones opened a dance studio in my hometown.  I signed the girls up for ballet, tap and jazz.  They enjoyed dance.  Kayla danced there for 10 years.   Whereas, Karmyn danced until she became very involved in sports.  Throughout the years, I always looked forward to the first class dance recital that Diana put together.  It was a bit of hometown Broadway for me!  Her studio has been acknowledged as a nationally award winning Dance Company.

This year, I decided I wanted to try to take some pictures of the amazing talent showcased in Jean Leigh's dance recital.  Here are a quick few that I grabbed for this short smilebox: 
Link to Jean Leigh Studio Website: http://www.jeanleighdance.com/

Pause Playlist then press play.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a picture slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle