Saturday, June 26, 2010

Meeting with fellow wedding photogs at Whistle Stop!

Here we are!  That is Melissa Roe on the left and Julie Pease to my right.  Aren't they beautiful?!  Before we departed, I asked a young lady that worked at the coffee shop to take this picture.  We had a joyful time of sharing and encouraging each other in our photography quest.  You might remember Melissa.  I had introduced her in an earlier post.  She was my 2nd shooter at Kristin and Michael's wedding.  I must say, she did a jam up job helping me with the wedding.  Melissa is so very attentive and instinctual about what needs to be done next.  She is a great photographer who absorbs everything like a sponge.   She had asked me if she could shadow me!  I was thrilled.  She didn't have to twist my arm.  I was very happy to have her by my side.  The images she captured were very beautiful just like her radiant personality.  I heard from Krisitin's mom who said that they loved both of us and were so very pleased that we were their family photographers at her daughter's wedding.  
Melissa set up this meeting at Whistle Stop Coffee Shop.  She and her friend Julie wanted to get together with me and 'pick my brain' about the wedding photography biz.  I don't know if there was much to pick, but, I was more than happy to meet with them.  Julie is a sweetheart and a half!  Her personality is so very kind, gentle and ladylike.  Both of these ladies are fine Christian women who have been volunteering their services at their church.  I know that their fellow congregation members have been greatly blessed by their photography.  Julie has been commissioned for future weddings and wanted to ask me some practical question such as pricing structure, etc.  She and Melissa have worked together in past weddings and family photo shoots.  It was so fun getting together with people who have a passion for photography.  In fact, I had already been thinking about starting a forum for local photographers to get together.  If you live in the Baton Rouge or Livingston Parish area and would like to join us in future meet-ups, send me an e-mail or comment.  For today's meeting, I brought along a few of my ideas to share that work well for me.  They took notes and we all  encouraged each other in the industry.  This was a great meeting of the minds and we promised each other that we were going to do it again!  

Coming soon in a later post... a few photo tips that I was able to share with them today!  I will put something together perhaps for post tomorrow.  Right now, I need to get ready to go to a dance recital that I am going to photograph!  Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle