Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today's Challenge was Churches

I had my camera with me today as Terry and I were on our way to dinner and a movie. Earlier, I had mentioned to him that the photo challenge theme today was churches. We made a detour swing around the antique village in Denham Springs. I asked him why he made a block that was out of the way. He said, 'I thought you might want to get a picture of this church.' How sweet of him! He parked his truck along the street so that I could hop out and take a quick snap of the exterior of the oldest church in Denham Springs. Just about the same time, a lady pulled up and rolled her window down. She called to me and asked if I wanted to come see the inside! Perfect timing! I asked Terry to park and come in with me. She was so nice. She happened to be coming to the church to put out song books voluntarily. She gave me all the time I needed inside the church. We thanked her and went on our way after I got the shots I wanted. Of course, I could have spent a long time picking up on the small details. But, I figured I didn't want to wear out my welcome. With the few wide shots I made, I hoped that I had captured the essence of this historic traditional Methodist Church.

Pause Playlist Music. I have captioned the little bit of information that I gathered from the nice lady.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. I love meeting new and old friends through my blog. Remember, to sign up as a follower if you wish. Also, if you have a blog, please leave a me a link to you. You are important to me! Be Blessed. Michelle